ConfirmTkt is an online train ticket discovery and booking engine that delivers a seamless search and booking experience to travelers. They are now acquired by an online travel aggregator ixigo for an undisclosed amount.
Dinesh Kumar Kotha is the Co-founder & CEO of ConfirmTkt. Before starting ConfirmTkt he was a Software Development Engineer in a company known as o9. He also worked as an Application Developer(Java) in IBM.
Here’s what you can learn from this episode
- What was his role in o9 Solutions and IBM? How was the idea behind his first startup Meterup conceptualized? When did he realize Meterup was not going to scale?
- How was Confirmtkt born? What was the trigger that told him to leave his well-established job and work on Confirmtkt full-time?
- How did he meet his first investor- Pravin? What were his expectations when he came to pitch at Nasscom? How much money did he raise in the timeframe of Confirmtkt?
- How did Dinesh cut the burn rate in the initial stage and make a new path for the company? How did he build his first 100 users? How did he go from a 1k a day company to a 3crore a day company?
- How did the ixigo conversation take place? How did he work out the modalities with the acquisition during the pandemic?
- What are the 3 things he is proud of during his tenure with Confirmtkt? If he had a chance to do it all over again what would he do differently?
Watch this episode