Indus Net Technologies is an award-winning, full-service, digital service company that helps enterprises with everything digital. The serve 4200+ clients worldwide across 40+ countries.
Abhishek founded the company in 1997 and has traversed the entrepreneurial field bootstrapped from the start. He describes himself as an entrepreneur, software architect, marketing geek, angel investor, and visionary.
Here’s what you can expect to learn from this episode
- How can completing a degree just for the sake it be more harmful than beneficial to your career? How did quitting engineering college to pursue B.Com change his outlook on the future? According to Abhishek, how has the start-up ecosystem evolved in Kolkata?
- What are the benefits (and challenges) of coming from a family with a background in business? How did having a business mindset help him from an early age? How did his family react to him moving from a jute trading family business to internet business?
- Why did Abhishek’s mentor have him prove his sales acumen by selling properties rather than digital services? Why did taking on this challenge excite him?
- What was the passion that drove Abhishek to become an entrepreneur? How did Abhishek found INT on a whim, when the idea occurred to him at an exhibition in 1997? When Abhishek just founded the company did he expect it to be as big as it today?
- How does Abhishek manage to bring a bunch of entrepreneurs under one roof? How does Abhishek ensure that the vision that he has for INT continues to stick? What does he look for in entrepreneurs? What is INT offering to entrepreneurs?
- How was Abhishek introduced to angel investing by connecting with someone he shared a working space with? Which was the first company that he invested in? What are the benefits of networking without an ulterior motive?
Abhishek’s Blogger Recommendation:
Watch this episode