LenDenClub is India’s largest peer-to-peer lending and borrowing platform. They provide personal loans from ₹5k up to ₹5L – all within 24 hours.
Bhavin founded LenDenClub in 2014 when he identified the gap in the market while working with NBFCs.
Here are some of the topics we discussed
- How did Bhavin’s education help him in his entrepreneurial journey? What was the biggest learning for Bhavin from his first experience in a start-up? What’s the difference between being an executive and being a founder? What prior experience does he think all founders should have?
- What does LenDenClub do? Why was the idea behind this start-up? Why did he choose to open a company that is regulated under RBI considering his past issues with RBI?
- How did Bhavin meet his co-fou8nder Dipesh? What qualities did Bhavin look for before choosing him as a cofounder? How has the relation with his cofounder matured over the past few years?
- How did LenDenClub reach ₹100 crores in lifetime loan disbursals during the pandemic? What use-cases do people usually borrow small-ticket loans for? How did he go from 1 loan a month to 7500 loans a month? What drives Bhavin to do this?
- What was it like raising money in a heavily regulated area? What was easier about raising the second round over the first round?
- How did COVID-19 and demonization affect LenDenClub, a company that operates in a highly regulated industry? What are his learnings after 5 years of operation? What are the most critical moments in his journey with LenDenCLub?
Watch this episode